Glenroy Carr will possibly be one of the biggest names in the PBL making a difference in his local community during this off season. The Buffalo 716ers will host a local youth basketball clinic and Carr will be one of the players from Buffalo that will be giving back. To read more about the clinic and what Buffalo is doing in the community, click here.
In the mean time we were able interview the 716ers leader in rebounds.
1) Your favorite team growing up? I grew up a Knicks fan, now I'm a Miami Heat fan
2) Michael Jordan or Lebron James? This is tough because one is my all time favorite player (MJ) and the other is my current, so I'm going to have to say for a last second shot it would be MJ all day, to build a team around would be Lebron.
3) Scooby Doo or Snoopy? Scooby Doo, actually Scooby Doo is my mother's favorite cartoon character.
4) Favorite subject in school? I love math and economics.
5) Who would play you in a movie about Glenroy Carr? Common (the rapper), because of my current beard and hair cut. I get a lot of people telling me I look like him.
6) Most embarrassing song on your music player? Miley Cyrus- 'Party in the USA'
7) If not a professional basketball player? I would be a coach on some level, this game has given me a lot and I definitely want to give back to the youth.
8) Favorite sports movie? He Got Game. It simply doesn't get any better than that.
9) Something you'd like the fans to know? I'm a hard-working person that loves personal success just as much as seeing another person to be successful. I am also a gym rat.
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY
The Lake Michigan Admirals owner, Chris Glisson and his family celebrated Memorial Day by Honoring America's war heroes in downtown Watervilet, Michigan.
"Every year on Memorial Day, we as a family show our support by going to the parade to honor those who fought for our freedom," stated Admirals' owner Chris Glisson.
The Admirals show their support for these troops every season with free admission to all Lake Michigan Admirals' games for veterans and those who are currently in active duty.
The first official PBL Meme is ready to be made!
Greg Foster of the Indianapolis Diesels has agreed to become a part of this fun contest.
All you have to do is go to the PBL facebook page and the picture you see above will be available to comment with their MEME idea. Feeling shy? Send your meme idea to our facebook by private message.
Let's keep it clean and friendly but make sure you also have some fun with this. The topic can be about the PBL, regular news, entertainment or other sports based.
We will then pick one of the ideas, create and then share the meme to make it national!
Recently, the Project HUGS foundation held an event at the famous Laugh Factory in downtown Chicago, Illinois.
In order to help the underinsured get surgeries "Paging Doctor Love" had medical professionals come out and perform some stand-up comedy based on some of their life experiences in the medical world.
The event was to raise money for the Project HUGS foundation. The event raised thousands of dollars to an almost sold-out audience.
The winning medical professional was Dr. Bill Miller who had people nearly falling off their seats in laughter. Congratulations Dr. Miller.